* Jamie's Chocolate Chip Cookies *
Do you LOVE chocolate chip cookies? Well, here is the BEST chocolate chip cookie dough recipe I have come across yet!! I can't take credit for this recipe, but I would like to give a shoutout to one of my dance students -- Jamie L. (and her mom for copying down the recipe for me!) -- who shared these delicious delights with us one night at dance. I was finally able to make these yummy cookies with my son today, and so of course I HAD to share it as my "Recipe of the Week" this week!! Believe me when I say, you can't eat just one, I PROMISE!!!! ENJOY!!!
Preparation and Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes approximately: 48 cookies
1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 - 12 oz bags of chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1) In a large mixing bowl, cream together the shortening and brown sugar.
2) Add the 2 eggs and vanilla, and mix well.
3) In a separate small dish or cup, dissolve the baking soda in 1 tablespoon of hot water; then add it to cookie dough mixture.
4) Add salt and flour and mix ingredients together.